The goal of Ayurveda is to promote balance of spiritual, psychological and physical health.
Ayurveda is the world’s oldest holistic science and is helpful today to understand the causes of high rates of abnormal cancerous cellular changes in the America’s female population.
According to Ayurveda, the precursor for breast imbalances is the accumulation of “ama” or toxins in the breast tissue, which over time become lodged and stagnated.
Nutritional risk factors can be found due to synthetic hormones used in the meat and dairy industry, chemical pesticides used in agriculture, chlorinated water, preservatives in packaged foods, birth control, hormone replacement, white sugar, aluminum products, soda containers and more. The suppression of grief, sadness, stress, feelings of isolation, lack of purpose, the use of underwire bras are just some of the main contributors to imbalances in breast health.
Here are some recommendations for breast cancer prevention in Ayurveda:
1.Take iodine 3-5 mgs per day . Food sources are kelp and sea vegetables. Iodine in Ayurveda is a natural antiseptic for the blood warding off infection.
2. Understand your unique mind/body type and cultivate a lifestyle that is appropriate for your needs- no two people are the same in Ayurveda.
3. Avoid underwire bras as they constrict lymphatic flow.
4. Massage breasts daily with warm sesame oil or castor oil.
5 .Exercise regularly – moderate exercise helps to balance hormones and cleanse body of accumulated toxins
6. Include foods like soups, dahls, mustard greens, ginger, quinoa and black beans.
7. Drink dandelion and fennel tea
8. Use the herb shatavari which helps prevent toxic build up around the breasts. Take triphala daily to help remove toxins.
9. Avoid foods that create toxins in the body such as leftovers, frozen foods and canned foods.
10. Listen and intuitively connect with your body- Meditate to connect within to one’s purpose and potential.
Include Marma Therapy in your health regimen to move stagnant energy and free the body of toxins.
To learn more about Ayurveda and how it can benefit you go to www.gedaliahhealingarts.com
Reminder- “it’s the little things that make a big difference”!
Please share with your friends and family on facebook.