It’s Spring and we talked about detoxing the mind in a previous blog. You’ve probably flung open your windows, cleaned out some clutter and began planting new plants!
Here are some easy tips to detox your body :
- Increase aerobic exercise- walk, bike , swim, dance , bounce- all these increase fat burning where toxins are stored.
- Increase your water intake- sip warm water throughout the day.
- Drink cumin, coriander, fennel tea to support digestion and elimination- recipe in this article I wrote. Center Yourself in Just 10 Minutes
- Increase dark leafy veggies as they sweep clean your liver-see Spring grocery list Spring Grocery List
- Finally, eat lightly using light proteins such as lentils, split mung beans and soups to transition from the heavy eating of winter to the bright light energy of Spring. See recipe below for quick lentil stew.
- Spice up your life but Hold the Barbeque Sauce!!! Meat is difficult to digest in Spring. Use spices such as ginger, garlic, black pepper, chili peppers to clean out those stored toxins from your house- your most precious one, your BODY.
Acrylic painting by Gedalia Title ” Spring” ( sold)
Recipe for lentil stew– takes about 30 – 40 min-can eat over rice, quinoa, barley- I made this last night and the rice went into the rice cooker with a”kombu” stick for extra minerals.
Lentils-mixed red, black and green ( found at cosco- organic) about 3/4 cup
First sauteed ghee and olive oil in large saucepan with garlic, fresh ginger, scallions ( the white part)- tsp of cumin, coriander- chopped fresh fennel bulb- two carrots, celery- used half sweet potato and a handful of frozen corn and peas- then add lentils- then chicken stock or veggie stock about three to four cups- cover and simmer about thirty min- about halfway thru added a few tbsps of tomato sauce ( whatever I had)- salt and pepper, chili flakes and braggs liquid aminos. You can use any veggies you like or have. At end added a handful of arugula.
Served it with a Mint chutney I had made the day before- fresh mint ground with lime juice- that’s it. Dinner is served.
Savor this time to lighten up every way you can! Let nature be your guide!
How Does Ayurveda Approach Weight Loss?
Learn easy tips to incorporate daily to balance weight physically, mentally and emotionally.
Tuesday April 12th 7pm
Centre Spring 1401 Dresden Brookhaven
Ayurvedic Health Specialist
“transforming women’s emotional health using natural modalities”
Plz share with friends and family on facebook.