As Spring rolls in so does wearing lighter clothes; exposed arms, legs and soon midriffs ( no pressure)!
It’s a fact that restricted diets don’t work- 95% of people on restricted diets gain the weight back within 1-5 years.And anyway who wants to feel like a sacrificial lamb when it comes to eating?
“Begin where you begin” as I say in my book “Enough Drugs, I am a Woman and Can heal Naturally”- a practical guide to feeling your best.
Practical is the key word here. I know from experience that what I do regularly; meaning daily and with moderation gleans longterm effects on overall health and weight balance.
These are some proven weight management tips to consider:
- Starting the day with warm water and lemon alkalizes the GI tract and gets things moving.
- Aim to drink at least three cups of organic green tea. Green tea helps to increase metabolism.
- Ayurveda recommends eating three meals a day without snacking in between allowing your body to burn fat more efficiently.
- Having a tall glass of warm water 30 minutes before eating allows you to eat less.
- Sipping on HOT water ( not just tea) and sipping it slowly can burn fat according to Ayurveda.
- Just eating “real food”, eliminating processed, boxed, microwaved, frozen or packaged, pasteurized foods from your lifestyle allows for more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
- Try the “chewing a raisin exercise” where you eat your food so slowly it becomes like mush when you’re done. In other words, paying attention to the food as you eat it with awareness enhances digestion and absorption. Scarfing down food in a car or front of TV leaves the pleasure out.
- Take time for self-care through energy healing such as acupuncture, Marma, Cranial Sacral, Massage and nurture yourself. stress plays a big factor in weight gain and weight loss.
- According to Ayurveda, eating foods that are in season and are good for your mind/body type lead to natural weight loss and maintenance. I’ve witnessed this with hundreds of clients who have followed their Ayurvedic mind /body type. To learn your energy type come in for an assessment through tongue and pulse reading with Gedalia. To learn more about eating with the seasons check out the book “The Three Season Diet” by Dr. John Doulliard.
- Lastly, keep moving, as my friend Cleo advised who lived till 94. She took her daily walks without fail. Aim to walk after a meal or take a brisk walk in the morning for at least 30-45 minutes.
With regularity at heart and little steps each day you are paving your way to optimal health.
Check out my Instagram page this week for a great borscht recipe. My Instagram address is Gedalia Healing Arts.