I’ve kept this excerpt printed from the book “Right Use of Will”, Healing and Evolving the Emotional Body. It states in the subchapter on the Feminine Principle, “in truth, negative is not darkness. Negative is the energy which vibrates the darkness so that it has movement. Movement can then open to receive Light. In people, this energy is emotional energy. People must realize that feelings expressing as emotions open them to receive Light. Holding emotions because they are judged unacceptable creates resistance to Light. Feelings are a Divine and necessary part of man and woman.”
For many of us, we heard phrases like this at a young age” what do you have to be sad about”? ” or “put your happy face on and move on”,” grin and bear it”, ” for boys, ” put your big boy pants on”, ” suck it up”. These phrases, might you have your own, are destined to shame, blame, guilt and hurts that don’t get felt and ultimately are stored in the body. Later on, they appear as anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, sadness, grief, inflammation, weight gain and even excessive shopping. Ayurveda calls them “unresolved emotions” that crystalize into the tissues.
In my practice with women and children I provide a safe, compassionate and healing environment so that feelings can be expressed, addressed and allowed to move. At first this might feel vulnerable or raw if you are new to my sessions… however in my experience over the last six years in practice with Centre Spring MD I’ve found that by the third session my clients often make a shift from utilizing some of these recommendations from the session – essential oils, gemstones, sound, nutrition, herbs, breathing, a yoga posture, nutrition, and being in nature. You can read testimonials at http://8zq.e3b.mywebsitetransfer.com
My role in the practice is to work with women and children to clear energy in the body stored from stress, trauma, depression, relationships and also to promote balance, vitality and increased energy. By pressing points known as ” Marma points”, the body can release an inner pharmacy of neurochemicals such as melatonin, serotonin, and oxytocin- the feel-good hormones. Women feel grounded, focused, renewed and unburdened. You deserve to feel your best!
In “Psychology Today”, Dr. Eric Maisel offers some wise advice for emotional healing: ( I’ve added to it),
- Ask for what you want from others, say how you feel and basically drop the mask he says. Having healthy boundaries is also key to feeling happier about yourself. Not saying “yes” when you really don’t want to do something and just being yourself.
- Love and Be Loved. Yes, alone time is important to renew and restore ourselves but equally important is time to love and be loved by others.
- Getting a grip on our thoughts brings us peace. Thoughts precede emotions. One client shared this week that she found inner peace by not droning on the same thoughts over and over again. By giving her mind space she was able to let go of sadness and grief that she was holding for years. She said that she still felt sad about the situation but chose not to let it run her life. This was just one of the benefits she felt from her Marma sessions and engaging with her own self.
- Bring meaning into your life. What is your purpose? What are your values? Clarity becomes the result of bringing meaning into your life. Can you take action each day that aligns with your values? You might want to write them down to remind yourself why you are here.
- Make an intention to feel your best. Do something every day that brings you personal joy. That joy will emanate from you to those around you. I often think the best gift we can share with others is our own happiness. We can’t expect others to be happy around us if we are not happy. Make yourself a priority.
Your emotions are not wrong- judging them and identifying with them is the hook, in. Practices such as meditation, chanting, creativity, Marma, allow you to expand your perspective so that you may not just see a situation from narrow lenses, but rather from a place of compassion and acceptance. The negative energy can move us toward the Light.
My book is off to print and will be ready within the next 3-4 weeks!! I’m very excited to share it with you. It will be ready for the holidays. The title is,
“Enough! I am a woman and can heal naturally. A practical and useful guide to feeling your best.”
This book is for any woman anywhere to empower herself with natural healing.
(More info soon.)
Fall Essential Oil Roll On
This essential oil blend of vanilla, jasmine, vetiver and holy basil is both grounding and relaxing- perfect complement to the season’s ” vata” qualities in Ayurveda. This roll on is easy to carry and use every day on your wrists, behind the neck and ears. These will be available for purchase at Centre Spring Spa this Saturday.
Please share this blog with someone who needs it.