Just visited my Aunt Rose in Florida who is now 96. I have always been intrigued by her sharp mind and incredible sense of humor. Within a few minutes of being in her company she is telling jokes, smiling, laughing, and always speaking about how grateful she is for her family , the two husbands she had, ( ha ha),and the life she still lives. She recently redid her teeth with implants so her smile would remain stella, and it is! Aunt Rose did yoga before her time, danced a lot, studied sports events, current news events and can talk about just anything. She used a face vibrator for her skin long before it became fashionable and when I see her she always reminds me to use one. Her skin is still as soft and smooth as a baby’s bottom. To be with her is simply a joy!
Her secrets to long life and health are simple:
Find humor in things !
And be grateful !
Studies today show that this formula is key to living a long life. I found the following benefits of LAUGHTER from the Mayo Clinic:
Laughter is good for your health
A good laugh has great short-term effects. When you start to laugh, it doesn’t just lighten your load mentally, it actually induces physical changes in your body.
Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- The disease process has two components according to Dr. Kataria – one is the organic disease itself; and the second is the mental component in the form of anxiety, fear and depression. Why people get therapeutic benefits from Laughter Yoga so quickly is because it removes the mental factor immediately and one finds an improvement in symptoms. Rest of the healing effects comes from increasing oxygen supply to the body cells, strengthening the immune system, increasing blood circulation and creating positive mental state.
- All in all Laughter is a yoga in itself practicing only a few “mental” asanas to incorporate into your life.
So with the summer months upon us let’s remember to enjoy our lives, laugh and be grateful for all the abundance we have; feeling the cup half full as Aunt Rose does.
To ease your summer cooking and increase your enjoyment time I’d like to introduce you to my friend Chef Marlon. He is a chef with heart and soul, smiles, fun and laughter and extremely creative with simple food.
Whether a small party , big event , or just a family gathering ,week night meal, Marlon can bring magic with food into your life! There are few people who I would recommend when it comes to food and energy. Marlon understands the importance of an anti-inflammatory diet and knows the Ayurvedic principles which he incorporates into his cooking. He is available for now as a personal chef having just returned from living in the UK. Marlon is now a legal citizen of the USA and I simply think you will love him as much as I do!
I share Marlon’s contact with you with love and appreciation for his enormous creativity and loving friendship .
Marlon’s email email@example.com
Ayurvedic Health Specialist
Please share with your friends and family on facebook!