As a big fan of plants for healing purposes, I decided to try using CBD oil ( cannabis oil). I’d recently visited a specialized gynecologist for slight inflammation in my bladder ( a common symptom postmenopausal). Her suggestion, ” we can always inject steroids into your bladder”. My answer, a resounding “no thanks!” I did follow her dietary recommendations- reducing citrus and tomatoes. She had a blank look on her face when I said I’d use my hot water bottle with turmeric oil on my bladder. She wrote it down. I am not suggesting you do not listen to your doctor, but in my opinion, steroids are not the answer to every problem.
For some time I’ve been interested in CBD oil. It felt like the perfect time to move with it.
Here is what I found:
Three CBD oil facts:
- Research shows that CBD benefits include acting as an anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, antioxidant, antiemetic, an antipsychotic agent, and is, therefore, a potential medicine for the treatment of neuroinflammation, epilepsy, oxidative injury, vomiting and nausea, anxiety and schizophrenia. Other noted benefits are
CBD may be helpful for the following: https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/cbd-info/#toggle-id-10
- Promotes healthy sleep and soothes occasional sleeplessness (1)
- Helps maintain healthy joint and cartilage function(2)
- Supports athletic recovery in healthy individuals(3) (4)
- May alleviate occasional mood swings(5) (6)
- CBD does not contain THC- the “getting high” part of the plant.“CBD and THC are types of cannabinoids found in cannabis. They are similar on a molecular level; however, they react differently with the cannabinoid receptors in our cells. THC imitates the neurotransmitter anandamide and activates the cannabinoid 1 (CB1) receptor that creates a high.CBD prevents the action of THC at the CB1 receptor and, for that reason, CBD has been known to negate the psychoactive effects of THC. Thus, the biggest difference between these compounds is CBD does not contain the psychoactive properties of THC.
Since CBD does not create the effect of a high, it is practical for medical use. It is also important to note that THC is an illegal substance, while CBD is legal when properly sourced.”- this information was sourced from https://madebyhemp.com/does-cbd-have-thc/
- Hemp plants can contain heavy metals and toxins depending on the soil it is grown in. You may check with the company you choose whether they test the hemp oil before using it in the compound. I found this to be a key factor in choosing the oil.
End of story is, I’ve been using CBD oil for two weeks along with the compresses, and uva ursi tea. The inflammation is gone, I am sleeping better, and was able to connect with the emotional piece of the healing.
Although this blog is not intended to encourage or recommend you use CBD I just wanted to share my experience with you and the results I received.
I believe we have choices.